I love my job and my life so I thought I would share a little bit of it with you.
This is an x-ray of a rabbit. I think it had ended up paralyzed for some reason and we were trying to figure out why. I like to collect interesting and cool pictures of x-rays. Radiology is one of my favorite parts of my job but right now I'm not allowed to help in that department because I'm 7 months pregnant.
This is where I wake up every morning at about 7:30am. Somewhere under the covers is a very lazy little dog. My husband leaves for work before I do... he feeds the cat before he leaves.
If I get up early enough, I have time to make coffee and maybe eat breakfast. If I don't, I just wait until I get to work. This is my favorite coffee mug.
My boring breakfast at work
This is a turtle that accidentally got run over. The poor little guy didn't make it... I think he was like, 30 years old.
This is an x-ray of the turtle. Besides UC Davis, I think we are one of the few Veterinary Hospitals that treat exotic pets.
We also see chickens. We are located in an area with lots of farms so we tend to see chickens pretty regularly. This chicken was egg bound meaning she had an egg stuck inside of her.
We are an emergency hospital so we get a lot of crazy, critical cases. This dog fell from a 10 foot bridge and dislocated his hip. This guy got lucky, could have been much worse.
This was one of the craziest cases I've ever experienced. This is a 10 week old little pomeranian puppy that was rushed in because she chewed an electrical cord and got electrocuted. She came in unconscious and we were able to stabilize her. In the x-ray you can see little shiny bits in her stomach. We suspected those were some copper wire bits from the cord that she ingested. You could also see severe burns of her esophagus. We had to transfer her to another hospital that had a doctor present over night so she could be monitored. Unfortunately she didn't make it but she was feisty and she was a fighter.
This is a tiny 8 week old kitten that unfortunately passed away for a couple different reasons. It was the tiniest of the litter and had problems from the beginning of life. You can see where all of its tiny little bones haven't quite fused together.